Hoppers Auto Care is a VicRoads licensed vehicle tester so we can provide a Certificate of Roadworthiness (RWC) if your vehicle passes inspection.
Make sure your car is safe on the road before a sale.
- Quick and easy process for your convenience
- VicRoads licensed vehicle tester
- Detailed report with video footage to explain the results
What does a Roadworthy Certificate inspection involve?
The inspection checks that key parts of your vehicle are in a good, safe condition to drive on the road. It includes:
- Wheels and tyres
- Steering, suspensions and braking systems
- Seats and seatbelts
- Lights and reflectors
- Windscreen, and windows including front wipers and washers
- Vehicle structure
- Other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
What’s not checked
The inspection doesn’t check the mechanical reliability or general condition of the vehicle. For example, it doesn’t mean:
- The vehicle is in top condition without any wear or deterioration
- Non-safety related accessories (such as the air conditioner, rear window demister, electric windows and rear-window wipers) are working
- The items checked during the roadworthy inspection will continue to function after the inspection, e.g. a brake light can stop functioning at any time after the inspection
- The vehicle complies with all of the Australian Design Rules (ADRs)
A separate, more comprehensive inspection can be arranged if you’d like to check your vehicle for mechanical reliability.
How long does a certificate last?
30 days. A RWC is considered ‘current’ if given less than 30 days before you hand it into VidRoads (to transfer or re-register a vehicle).
Note: It’s not a guarantee that the vehicle will remain roadworthy for 30 days from the day the certificate was provided.
RWC cost depends on your vehicle’s:
It also depends on what needs to be fixed if your vehicle doesn’t pass inspection.
What happens if your vehicle doesn’t pass inspection?
You’ll get a:
- Detailed rejection report: You’ll have 7 days to repair or replace the rejected item/s and have them re-inspected. We can help you with this.
If more than 7 days goes by, another full inspection will be required.
Type of cars serviced
- Local and foreign cars
- Altona Meadows
- Point Cook
- Williams Landing
“ Honest, reliable and great staff. Will definitely be coming back and recommending these guys to friends and family.” Maria Almere